Question about judges

• hey mikkel, the scoring system has been a bit weird in OB but i have a question @Mikkel @admin
    Why did i get a single 10 -8 round on the scorecards when i dropped him twice? Can you take a look at these score cards and let me know? For some reason i was getting 9 - 9 rounds when i dropped him.

0_1594834064751_upload-82eea530-14b2-47c8-b9ac-94813f003b46

• Global Moderator

@Reaper Same thing happened to Tyson Fury against Wilder in the 12th round. Let me explain this to you.

You only get a 1 point deduction for getting knocked down. So if you're dominating the round the scorecard is 10-9. And if you get a point deduction for getting dropped - the scorecard is now 9-9. This video will go more in-depth for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkbFj_F3mC8

• Administrators

@Faker That's right. 10-8 if you are also winning the round, otherwise 9-9

• @admin Mikkel you need punch stats. I was landing more shots. Can you look at the stamina balance again because this is getting silly now.
    I won that round and i knocked him down. I think its a stamina issue.

• Global Moderator

@Reaper if your stamina is lower ofcourse he is going to deal more damage to you over time. It's maths Reaper, your punches just won't do the same amount of damage as his. He deals more damage to you because you have lower stamina.

• The 9-9 rounds happen WAY more often than they would in a real fight. I agree with Reaper here. If the round is somewhat close before the KD it should still be 10-8. The game leans on the side of giving 9-9 rounds too often and it's unrealistic. It should be a rare occasion. Not to mention it throws out split decision wins when 2 judges have a fight a draw, versus a majority draw like it should.

• Administrators

The real world is unrealistic. OB counts the punches and can be way more accurate than any RL judge. So if the round is 9-9, it's fair.

• Global Moderator

@admin Exactly... It is maths. It's computer calculated instead of an actual opinionated judge. If you want a 10-8 round, you have to dictate the round after the knockdown. Not get beat up and land a lucky punch

• @Faker Dude thats half the reason why i beat you. I understand that but you shouldnt be able to throw 30 punches and get hit over 100 times and knocked down then get a 9 - 9 round. More work needs to be done about the stamina.

• Global Moderator

@Reaper Just completely false. You live in a fantasy world. It's calculated and 100% accurate.

• @admin Accuracy? you gotta be kidding me. I always win on the first judge because i am fairly accurate in fact i almost did win in this fight with that judge but sometimes its just silly across the board. Faker is agreeing with you because if you changed anything he would be done. He spams the hell out of you with little pitty patty punches. Crank is like a Faker V2 lol.
    Both styles are ok for winning but not really for long term winning thats why they both cant get over a 20 win streak. I think John had the best balanced style and even he threw more than 30 punches per round lol. mikkel can you at least look at this?

• Global Moderator

@Reaper He doesn't need to look at anything, you saw what he said. And the reason you win judge 1 is because you spam jabs and judge 1 is scored on # of punches landed. I could hit you with 10 big hooks and you could land 11 jabs and you'll win on judge 1. It's not accuracy you nincompoop, it's just the number of punches you land. How about instead of crying to Mikkel to change it, you just get gud and ask him exactly what each judge scores on?

• @admin I know your joking about the real world too lol

• @Faker Accuracy should come in to scoring fool. You definitely have not boxed before and you have to be a casual fan. Id rather see more scoring on accuracy then stamina.
    @Mikkel Can you maybe change it to more accuracy based? that would make more sense. Not stamina based, Faker can throw a thousand little pitty patter spam and miss like hell but only get a few hits on then win the round. Doesnt make sense man.

• @admin At least make a poll about this issue to see what the community wants so you dont lose more players? You lost a lot of players when you changed it last time all those years ago. Some tweaking might be needed for sure so i think you should listen to the growing community.

• Yeah jabs seem to score just as well as an uppercut or power body shot, etc. Those should be weighted differently. If Canelo had these judges he'd have 2-3 more losses. If power shots counted for more, people would take more chances and it would create better action. When the crowd "ooh's and aah's" that should maybe count for extra with the judges? Jabs score too heavily with the judges.

If a round is somewhat close, and there's a knockdown, the round should be 10-8. The only time 9-9 should occur is if you got a lucky knockdown and got your ass handed to you otherwise.

• Global Moderator

@Reaper Yeah, I don't think Fury vs Wilder was a good example because he didn't really dominate that round the way you get dominated on OB. Talk about real boxing - you turn your back every time you get hit, you look like an absolute retard. Should have done more sparring - hopping around like a bellend. And you're fighting in a headguard with what 12 oz gloves? Yet you're still getting rocked

• Global Moderator

@The-Sniper Sorry but what you guys are saying is absolute nonsense. Judges have been like this since 2003 and you guys are the only 2 who make complaints. You wonder now with all these players here, is everyone really against me like you've been saying all this time? Or are you 2 just 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

• @Faker said in Question about judges:

@The-Sniper Sorry but what you guys are saying is absolute nonsense. Judges have been like this since 2003 and you guys are the only 2 who make complaints. You wonder now with all these players here, is everyone really against me like you've been saying all this time? Or are you 2 just 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Faker you are misinformed. The guys on now are asking these questions directly in the chat and not on the forums. Crank and Unstop and I had a discussion about all of this earlier with several points made. I was asked my opinion. It's not black and white. No one is complaining, just merely making observations. Others are making pushes for changes as well. You're out of the loop apparently. It's been a productive discussion and people are entitled to their own opinions. We can agree to disagree.

Notice things have been peaceful with all the activity. Let's try to keep the peace shall we? This shit is unnecessary.

• @Faker I dont think you have ever boxed or you have limited boxing knowledge. Ever heard of riding a shot? I was turning with the shot and trying to slip. That was early on in my career so whats your problem dude?
    I was moving on my toes also and i had a very awkward opponent and i never got rocked, ever heard of getting caught off balance? nor have i ever been rocked in a boxing match. I have been rocked in sparring but never knocked down.

Looks like your connection to Online Boxing 2D forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.